Miscellaneous Disposal / Seasonal Updates
The City of Wyoming is responsible for maintaining the listed waste related items within the City. Information on Solid Waste Management can be accessed via AccessKent for Kent County residents. The site provides information on waste reduction, reuse, recycling, expanded education in resource recovery, incineration with energy recovery, composting and land filling. It also offers a Household Waste Guide which provides a wealth of information and available resources.
Curbside Pickup Date - Saturday, December 7, 2013 - (No Spring Pickup)
- Leaves must be in PAPER BAGS.
- Place at the curb by 6:00 a.m.
- Brush must be tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet.
- Wyoming Public Service Center; 2660 Burlingame Ave SW
- April 1 through December 14, 2013
(Closed on legal holidays)
Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM; Saturday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- December through March (Winter Hours)
Monday – Thursday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- No commercial dumping permitted.
- No bags permitted.
- Residents must register with I.D. each time they use the site.
Rent-a-Trailer (Leaves Only)
- September 30 through November 27, 2013.
- Small (3 - 4 cy) $5.00 for weekday and $10.00 for weekend.
- Large (6 - 8 cy) $10.00 for weekday and $20.00 for weekend.
- Trailers are delivered and picked up by City of Wyoming personnel.
- Reservations must be made with the Public Works Office a minimum of (24) hrs in advance.
- Residents are not allowed to rake leaves into the street.
- Contact the Public Works department at (616) 530-7260 for more information.
Additional information regarding gypsy moths is available from the Kent County Conservation District at (616) 942-4111 ext. 100.
The Public Works department does not collect Hazardous Wastes; however, the City of Wyoming does have a Hazardous Waste program. You can find information about Hazardous Waste collection at the City of Wyoming Clean Water facility.
Household Trash Complaints
Complaints about trash, junk, etc. on private property should be directed to the Building Inspections department.
Household (trash) Pickup
The City of Wyoming does NOT provide trash pickup service. Disposal of household trash is the responsibility of the homeowner. A list of licensed trash haulers is available through the City Clerk’s office.
Reporting Dead Animals
Please contact the Public Works department. The City of Wyoming picks up dead animals located within City right-of-ways.
Reporting Stray or Lost Animals
Please contact the Kent County Animal Shelter at (616) 632-7300. The City of Wyoming does not pick up stray or lost animals, but will pick up dead animals that have been hit by a vehicle.